The Department of Economic and Technological Change of the Center for Development Research, University of Bonn (Prof. Joachim von Braun) invites applications for the position
Postdoctoral Researcher (E13) – Development Economics
This appointment is a two year position, which may be extended.
The researcher will participate in projects related to quantitative development economics at national and local levels in research areas such as of poverty, behavior and institutional change, technological change, natural resource economics, and has the opportunity to develop a related own research agenda in line with the overall ZEF research strategy (see www.zef.de) . The researcher will be based at ZEF in Bonn, Germany.
Requirements and responsibilities:
- PhD in Economics, Development Economics or Agricultural Economics or related
- Very good analytical skills (quantitative analyses and econometrics)
- Understanding of experimental economic approaches is desired
- A promising academic publications record
- Excellence in oral and written English language
- Some teaching in the ZEF doctoral studies program
- Participation in the development and submission of research proposals
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team spirit
- Knowledge in statistical packages such as STATA and GAMS would be of advantage
- Actively participate in evaluation of development policies and programs
- Facilitate related workshops and seminars of ZEF
Application dead line is January 31st, 2013; thereafter until position is filled.
To apply, please send your letter of interest, CV, references and links to recent publications by email (write “Development Economics-Postdoc” in the subject line) to:
Center for Development Research (ZEF), University of Bonn
Dept. of Economics and Technological Change
E-mail: E-mail: zefecon(at)uni-bonn.de
The Center for Development Research (www.zef.de) is an international and interdisciplinary research institute of the Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-University of Bonn, Germany. ZEF is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from women candidates. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.