Dr. Saravanan Subramanian
- CV and Downloads
- Water resources
- Health and sanitation
Project Coordinator - Water Resources Institutions and Human Health in India (ongoing) www.zef.de/project/urban_water_and_health
Project Coordinator: Health Research Capacity and Water-Releated Diseases: Improving Risk Assessment Strategies for Public Health Care in Uzbekistan (HEALTHCAP) (ongoing) www.zef.de/project/healthcap
1. ‘Advancing Health Research Networks in Sub-Saharan Africa’’. Strategy document for the German Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF), Germany. (Jan 2012- Dec 2012) (Funding partner BMBF)
2. ‘Global Environmental Change and Water-Related Diseases: Improving Public Health Care in Uzbekistan’ (Jan 2011- Dec 2011). Funding partner Volkswagen Foundation.
CONTRIBUTION TO OTHER PROJECTS
1. 'Ecological and Economic restructuring of land and water management in Khorezm, Uzbekistan' -Jan 2010 -Dec 2010). Lead in work package on water management. (BMBF) www.zef.de/project/khorezm
2. ‘STRIVER - Strategy and methodology for improved IWRM - An integrated interdisciplinary assessment in four twinning river basins‘ (2007-2009). (European Commission)
3. ‘Water Pollution and Human Health in South Asia - Exploring the Linkages.’ (Jan 2009 - July 2009). Funding partner- UNESCO-Paris.
New institutionalism as applied in Social and ecological sciences;
Complex System Modelling;
Integrated Water management;
Urbanization and Human Health;
Integrated Risk Assessment.
ZEF (interdisciplinary and Disciplinary Program) 2007-till date.
Faculty of Agriculture, University of Bonn (2008 and 2009)
@ ISSER, University of Ghana, Accra: Module on 'Integrated Water Management-International Experience' (2010)
Masters course at Indian institute of Technology-Madras 2013 (Urbanization and Health)
Masters Course at Faculty of Sociology, University of Bonn -2013 (Urbanization and Human Health in Fast Growing Economies)
ongoing doctoral theses
Sneha Sharma (2015 -) Politics of waste in urban India : contestations around dumping grounds.
Poornima Thapa (2015- ) Adverse pregnancy Outcome in Jaipur City. www.zef.de/staff/Poornima_Thapa
Michelle Guanti Lasso (2015-) Secondary and quaternary prevention of HIV and AIDS in Panama.
Minjung Cho (2014-) Health Systems research: Institutional analysis Public health systems in Uzbekistan. www.zef.de/staff/Minjung_Cho
completed doctoral theses
Ruchika Singh (2010) Decentralisation of Water Resource Management in Madhya Pradesh, India: Role of Actors in influencing (or obstructing) Institutional Change www.zef.de/staff/Ruchika_Singh
Panagiota Kotsila (2010) Water Quality and Health: Hydro-Social interactions and their impact on waterborne diseases in Can Tho City, Vietnam. www.zef.de/staff/Panagiota_Kotsila
Farhat Naz (2007) Socio-Cultural Implications of the Community-Based Water Management: A Case Study of Gujarat, India. www.zef.de/staff/Farhat_Naz
Huu Pham Cong (2007) Planning and Implementation of the Dyke Systems in the Mekong Delta, Vietnam. www.zef.de/staff/Huu_Pham%20Cong
Adjunct Professor (i) Center for Sustainable Future, Amrita University www.amrita.edu/center/amrita-center-sustainable-development/people; (ii) Indian Institute of Public Health-Gandhinagar, India
The Volkswagen Foundation, BMBF, DFG, EU
SARAVANAN-DetailedCV-April2015.doc [DOC | 87.00KB]