Selection and admission
The selection of our doctoral students is carried out on a competitive basis. The selection process includes the following steps:
- Once we have received your complete application package, we will send you an acknowledgment to the e-mail address you indicated at the time of registration.
- Staff members of ZEF screen the applications regarding academic qualification, recommendations and quality of research proposal and set up a short list of candidates. Some of the short-listed candidates are interviewed at ZEF or, alternatively, via telephone or Internet.
- All Graduate Research Statements of short-listed candidates will be checked for improper citation or potential plagiarism.
- The selection committee, consisting of the three ZEF-directors and delegates from the DAAD will decide upon the DAAD scholarships.
- Qualified candidates who cannot be offered a scholarship will be put on a waiting list and/or receive a letter of acceptance to assist them in seeking financial assistance at other institutions/foundations.
- Candidates on the waiting list will be accepted only in case an already accepted candidate fails to join the program.
Doctoral program management team:
Dr. Günther Manske and