One of the core aims of our competence network is to establish contacts to young scholars working on topics related to Crossroads Asia.
We cordially welcome the following scholars to our extended network!
- Hafiz Boboyorov, Doctor of Philosophy in the subject of Development Studies, works as Senior Research Associate at the Academy of Sciences of Tajikistan, Dushanbe.
- Helena Cermeno is PhD-Candidate and Junior Researcher at the Center for Development Research(ZEF) and works on the topic “Access to the city: a comparative research of urban assemblages and resulting processes of social inclusion and exclusion in Amritsar and Lahore”.
- Khusbakht Hojiev is PhD fellow at Center for Development Research (ZEF), Bonn.
- Niamatullah Ibrahimi is Research Officer at the Crisis States Research Center, London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
- Markus Kaiser was Crossroads Asia Coordinator in 2015 and is currently President of the German-Kazakh University.
- Fanny Kreczi is PhD student and research assistant at FU Berlin, Centre for Development Studies (ZELF).
- Gulnara Kuzibaeva is Associate Professor at the National University of Uzbekistan, Tashkent.
- Thomas Loy holds a PhD in Central Asian Studies and works as scientific staffmember at the Central Asian Seminar, HU Berlin.
- Homa Maddah is Junior Researcher (PhD student) at Center for Development Research (ZEF), Bonn.
- Andreas Mandler works as Junior Researcher at Center for Development Research (ZEF), Bonn.
- Umaira Rashidova is Senior Lecturer in International Relations at Tajik National University, Dushanbe.
- Martin Saxer holds a PhD in Anthropology and is Fellow at the Institute of Social and Cultural Anthropology, LMU Munich.
- Anastasiya Shtaltovna Visiting scholar at the Centre for International Studies (CÉRIUM), University of Montreal, Canada. Research Fellow at Centre for Development Research (ZEF), University of Bonn, Germany
- Linus Strothmann holds a PhD from the Berlin Graduate School Muslim Cultures and Societies and works as Lecturer at the Institute for Geographical Sciences, FU-Berlin.
- Nayeem Sultana completed her PhD in Development Studies at ZEF in 2008 and is now Associate Professor in Development Studies at the University of Dhaka.
- Kristof van Assche was Crossroads Asia Fellow in 2013 and works as Associate Professort at the University of Alberta
- Mary Beth Wilson holds a PhD in Human Geography and is currently working as a M&E specialist for Integrity Research and Consulting and Child Fund International.